Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Normally the hardest part of participating in Teaser Tuesday is deciding which passage to share. Tonight I am struggling to decide which book to look in for a teaser! I have three books on the go, two are very close to finished, and the other I am about half way through. Historical romance, historical fiction or historical mystery. The only guarantee so far is that the quote will be from a book with a historical theme!

Decisions, decisions. A quick flick through all three of them, and decision made. My teaser this week comes from one of the books that I am very nearly finished. It comes from page 105 of Leonardo's Swans by Karen Essex:

Isabella loves the way the Magistro works the dark upon the light; loves the muted colors, and the way that he managed to paint fragile netting upon her hair, tied ever so delicately under her chine. How does one paint translucence?

26 comments:

  1. Great teaser Marg! What a coincidence, my teaser has a painting theme to it also :)

    http://bookloverbookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, descriptive piece of writing! Great tease! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good historical fiction

    http://livemorenow.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/teaser-tuesday-100202/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good historical. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like there have been a few books lately with swans in the title. Interesting teaser. My TT is here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser, lovely imagery. Thanks for visiting The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this book but I'm guessing it's the straight historical fiction rather than the mystery or the romance. I could be wrong!

    I am usually only reading one book at once but I dipped into some others this week so I've got three teasers this week, all historical fiction, one medieval, two Tudor.

    http://misadventuresofmoppet.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/teaser-tuesday-medieval-and-tudor-teasers/

    ReplyDelete
  9. An absolutely beautiful teaser. I am adding this book to my TBR list. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesdays-schooled-in-lies.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that sounds absolutely lovely!

    Mine is here:

    http://laurel-rainsnowsreflections.blogspot.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got this one on my wish list. Beautiful teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice teaser -- have you read Stealing Athena by Essex? great, as well

    And, thanks for stopping by On the Bookcase.

    ReplyDelete
  13. :p I couldn't resist. From Inside Robin’s Too Tight Tights:

    “As he relaxed after his private encouter with the queen, Robin hoped he would be able to perform for her equally well with his bow and arrow at Finbury Field as he just had with his mouth, tongue, hands, fingers, arse, cock and balls.”

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good question! I'm posting from a historical romance, too: Logan's Gem

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marg,

    You made my Tuesday morning with your Tuesday Teaser! I think that passage of the book (that entire scene) is my favorite too, certainly one that I had the most fun writing.

    So glad you are enjoying the book.

    My best,
    Karen Essex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful teaser! Thanks for visiting,

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sounded really beautiful. I like the idea of painting transulence

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! I am reading Iron King so I just had to use it for my teaser. Here is my blog where you can find it: http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. One paints translucence very carefully with many thin layers of similar tones. It takes a steady hand and more patience than I have. My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My Teaser Tuesday from M.K Hume "King Arthur :Warrior of the West."

    "This ordered way of life will last only as long as i continue to win";Artor stated cynicaly."Those same warriors who now swear eternal devotion to my sword will kill me when my back is turned if,like Ceaser ,my luck doesn't hold".

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's really a beautiful prose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sounds like a lovely read. Thanks for sharing!

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great teaser. This sounds like a really good book!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP