Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Library Loot - February 25 to March 3


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and me that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
It is awesome to see how many people are sharing their loot with us on a regular basis! If you would like to share your loot this week, leave your link in Mr Linky below:






My library catalogue is down, so I can't check to be 100% sure that I haven't forgotten anything I borrowed, but I am pretty sure I only picked up items once this week, and those items were:


The Postmistress by Sarah Blake - I love reading books that are set against a background of war, so when I first heard about this book, it was added to my TBR list immediately. It has taken my library a while to get it in, but it finally arrived!


Fire by Kristin Cashmore - I read Graceling by this author a few weeks ago. I have heard that this book is even better so I am excited at the prospect of reading it!




Golden Rule by Powderfinger- I was little late coming to Powderfinger, but I do enjoy listening to them now. Their early albums were released when I was overseas. I have no idea whether they have made it big outside of Australia or not. This is their latest album.

Just for fun, here is the video for All of the Dreamers, the first single off of Golden Rule.

21 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to The Postmistress, and my parents bought me a copy as a spontaneous Valentine's gift. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoon. The cover of Fire looks amazing. Eagerly awaiting your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! These both look like amazing picks and I have heard that they are both really good books, so I await your thoughts on them eagerly! I do so hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved that song! Thanks for sharing. :)

    I think it's fun that quite a few people participate regularly in Library Loot too. Libraries are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that cover of Fire. So much better than the one here in the states. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that The Postmistress sounds really good! Hope you enjoy it and I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've hears a lot of praise for The Postmistress, and I really must look to see if my library has a copy. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've hears a lot of praise for The Postmistress, and I really must look to see if my library has a copy. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My loot this week is all from the children's library.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am on the wait list for The Postmistress at my library. By the time I put it on reserve there were almost 100 people in front of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have wanted to read The Postmistress since I first saw it last year. I have it on hold too, but I have so many others to read first, so I can handle a bit of a wait. I posted a link to my loot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy and Stephanie, I wanted to read it straight away too. I was lucky that I was the first person on the list as well, so new book smell without the new book price!

    Pussreboots, my son used to love borrowing books from the library.

    Fleurfisher - off to the library catalogue with you!

    Samantha, I hope you enjoy it.

    Melissa and Linda, I have liked both of the covers of the versions I have had of Kristin Cashore books.

    Eva, remind me and I will share a secret of just how nerdy I really am in relation to Library Loot!

    AnimeJune, have to love books as gifts! My family won't buy them for me!

    Thanks for stopping by Leya!

    Zibilee, I am looking forward to both books! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have The Postmistress, too! Thanks for hosting...!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read The Postmistress earlier this month. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice loot!! I have Postmistress and Fire on my wishlist!! Hope you enjoy all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like that cover of Fire. I'm used to the plain one with the red and pink cover. Like yours better! On that note, I seriously need to be myself to a Library Loot post, asap. I've been going to a brand new library lately and I need to sing its praises...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to hear about your new library Pam! They are building one not far from me and I can't wait for it to be open!

    Aths, we seem to have very similar reading preferences!

    Mama Bookworm and Jill, I am really looking forward to The Postmistress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been waiting, not so patiently at times, for the Postmistress. My library doesn't seem to have there copies in yet.

    Nice looking loot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad you got your hands on The Postmistress. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP