Saturday, February 06, 2010

How to make a good concert a GREAT concert!

Three and a half years ago, some friends of mine were going to see Rob Thomas live in concert, but one of them wasn't able to go and gave me their ticket. That concert was the first time I have been to a concert in about 13 years. Since then I have been to a few concerts and I intend to go to more. It does seem that one concert that we go to is whenever Rob Thomas comes to Australia, whether as a solo artist or as part of Matchbox Twenty and his current solo tour is no exception. Last night was the night! Dinner and drinks with friends and Rob Thomas in concert, supported by Australian singer Vanessa Amorosi who has an amazing voice.

Last time I went to his solo concert, we had a girl fall asleep behind us (in the middle of a rock concert!) but everyone managed to stay awake this time. The Rob Thomas concert experience is very much about the music, and his voice in concert is very true to his voice on recordings which is always a good thing.

He sang a lot of songs off of his newest album, including the hits off of it, Her Diamonds and Meltdown and a lovely acoustic version of Smooth, and it was a very enjoyable night, but what happened next moved this concert from a good concert to something really memorable.  I had heard a rumour that INXS was going to come on stage and play, but all my friends were disbelieving, but the crowd went absolutely wild when they did come on stage. Rob sang Never Tear Us Apart and Don't Change a Thing. Awesome, awesome, awesome!

So here are some videos of Vanessa Amorosi, Rob Thomas and INXS





4 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! And INXS...!

    I haven't heard about Rob since his first single, I don't think he made it in the UK which is a pity because he has a great voice. Neither did Vanessa so it's difficult to get her music here. Absolutely Everybody remains one of my childhood favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It sounds like you had a great time, and INXS being there had to be the icing on the cake! I love Rob Thomas as well and think he's a great singer. I haven't been to a concert in a long while, but there are some bands I would still love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It sounds like you had a great time, and INXS being there had to be the icing on the cake! I love Rob Thomas as well and think he's a great singer. I haven't been to a concert in a long while, but there are some bands I would still love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rob Thomas ever since I heard "Smooth." And INXS... Wow. Now that brings back memories. It sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP