Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read


  • Open to a random page


  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
    BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)


  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



  • My teaser this week comes from The Dark Rose, the second book in the Morland Dynasty series by Cynthia Harrod Eagles. I read the first book a few months ago and really enjoyed it. Where the last book focused on the period during the War of the Roses started, this one is set during Henry VIII and features many of the names from that period that are still famous, or in some cases infamous, even today. My teaser comes from page 362:

    The night wore on, and they sat quietly, barely pretending to sew any more, waiting for dawn when they could hear mass again, wating for the light to steal into the little chamber, waiting for the last day to reak. When the sky had grown pearly outside, and there was a new smell in the air, the poignant, heart-breaking smell of morning, the Queen lifted her head wearily and said,

    " Do you remember Calais? It was growing light when he came."

    15 comments:

    1. I can see this and it looks sad.


      Thanks for your comment - it was a fantastic book.

      just in case, here's mine again

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love your teaser, I'm on a real historical roll at the moment so might add this one to my wishlist

      ReplyDelete
    3. I like a little historical fiction set in this time period. Your teaser has my attention.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great teaser. Sounds like a good book as well.

      ReplyDelete
    5. sounds like someone is about to lose her head. I love historical fiction. I haven't read one in a while--I guess I know what I'll head for on library day.

      read my teaser here

      ReplyDelete
    6. Lovely imagery there..."the poignant, heart-breaking smell of morning."

      Great teaser!

      ReplyDelete
    7. The teaser does make this one seem like it'll be sad. Nice one!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Aww, I can feel the feeling in it, great teaser!

      Is that Amsterdam in your banner? Just wondering, : ).

      ReplyDelete
    9. Hi She, I think it is Rotterdam.

      Jacqueline, Lisa and Book Dragon, knowing what is coming I have a feeling it is a very sad moment and more than a bit ominous.

      Celi, it is nice imagery isn't it.

      Kaye, I think you are definitely right!

      Dar, it is good so far.

      Gautami, I know quite a few people who enjoy reading this series.

      Margot, this is a very popular period in Historial Fiction.

      Teddyree, start with the first book, which is called The Founding.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Great teaser...I'm about due for a historical fiction read!

      ReplyDelete
    11. It does have a sad tone to it, great teaser!

      ReplyDelete
    12. My kind of read! Sounds great!

      www.booknerdextraordinaire.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    13. sounds kinda sad to me but it does seem a nice read.

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails

      © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP