Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Library (re) Loot

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and me that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!


First of all, I want to apologise for not getting around to visit any other Library Looters last week. I didn't have any internet access at all last week and had to survive checking my emails and Facebook on my phone, which is definitely not conducive to blog hopping. I am dreading receiving my next phone bill!

Prior to that, I have visited quite a few of you who have commented that, like me, you tend to end up borrowing the same books over and over because you have to return them unread. I have every intention of reading books when I borrow them, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Some times I come to regret that particularly when I end up really loving a book. For example, I think I borrowed The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley three times at least before I actually read it, and I just loved it, which means that I really should have read it the first time I borrowed it!

My point with all that, is that I have been thinking about a term to use for those books - the ones you end up reborrowing - so today, my library loot is split into new loot, and reloot!

My new loot this week is:



Wild and Wicked in Scotland by Melody Thomas - I just recently read the first book in this series. While it wasn't the best book, I have enjoyed Melody Thomas' writing enough previously to give her another go!











Devil May Cry
by Sherrilyn Kenyon - I can't quite believe that I only finished my first Kenyon for the year last week! What is going on?









My reloot is:





The Winding Ways Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini













Fishing for Stars by Bryce Courtney







The scary thing about my Library Loot this week is that I picked these books up last night, and there are already 5 books waiting to be picked up next time I go!

If you would like to share your loot, please add your link to Mr Linky below:

8 comments:

  1. Your library has Kenyon, oh you lucky girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I have checked out Private Arrangements by Sherry Thomas twice from the library and I have yet to read it. The third times the charm, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about not being able to read every book. There's been loads of times where I've got a book, got really excited about reading it, come home and put it down on my desk and never pick it up again. Well, until I have to return it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thw Winding Ways Quilt looks like something I would enjoy, so I will be looking out for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zibilee, the series is a bit uneven but I am glad that I have read it. This is the 12th book in the series I believe.

    Damnedconjuror, exactly!

    Jill, you should read Private Arrangements! It is a really goood read.

    Blodeuedd, they have just about all of them, so I have read the whole series now through the library. I have since bought a couple of the books that I really loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Reloot" is perfect!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about picking up books and then having more waiting for you. Usually, though, it's not so much that I have them waiting (on any list) but usually they just "jump" out at me. Sometimes I hate books. ;) Okay, not really.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP