Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should be Reading:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!


I am not so much reading this book, as devouring it! I really enjoyed Garden Spells when I read it a while ago and I am very much enjoying The Sugar Queen as well. This week's teaser comes from page 189:

Ten minutes of this and their suits, coats and wingtips were soaked. This is why Faith sent Jake and Adam home with their dinner in paper bags, but with no dessert.

For they had been very bad boys.

22 comments:

  1. Isn't that what boys do best? =)

    Here are my teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. Haven't heard of either of those books. But those are good teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to hear about books that one devours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic in your header! My company has an office in Amsterdam and I would swear I've walked down that street!

    My teasers are here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that teaser! Did you read her Garden Spells? That was a really good book too.
    My teaser is here under the Galway Bay tour post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! How bad were they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this book. Can't wait for her next one (this year!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great teaser, i wonder what happened!

    My Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed this book. I can't wait for her next one. Good teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahah awww no dessert. great teaser

    ReplyDelete
  11. It took me reading it twice to get the no dessert part. How sad. I want to know what made them get all wet and dirty and thus giving up dessert. Guess I better pick up the book right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. No dessert? Oh no! As the mother of 3 boys I say, what a cute teaser. :-)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a good one! Reminds me of Pinocchio!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that title! :)

    Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you are devouring it! That's a sign of a good book. I haven't read either of the books you mentioned, but that teaser does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This does sound like a book to devour!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting teaser. I just finished Mutiny on the Bounty and it was great I suspect you would enjoy it if you like historical fiction.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I read this one I enjoyed it but honestly I enjoyed Allen's other book more. I'm looking forward to what she has to offer. I love the magic that Allen weaves into her stories.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the title, the cover, and the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved this book too, brilliant author!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP