Friday, January 04, 2008

Chunkster Challenge 2008


Dana is hosting the Chunkster Challenge this year.

The Rules:
  • To qualify the book must be 450 pps regular type OR 750 pps large text.
  • You must read FOUR chunksters (one each quarter), you OBVIOUSLY may read more
  • The Challenge will run Jan 7th, 2008 - Dec 20th, 2008 (the only chunky thing occupying my mind over Christmas is ME! AND I am using my foresight remembering my inbox on Dec 31st/ Jan 1 of THIS year when all the challenges ended). BUT any chunkster started after Jan 1 qualifies.
  • OH THERE WILL BE PRIZES - one a quarter. Prizes to be determined later ( so making the rules on the fly here, peeps). Think small and fun, not big and chunky.
  • Sharing reviews mandatory, format still to be determined.

To join the challenge you need to leave a comment at Dana's blog confirming your interest before March 1.

The books:


As I look at my TBR shelf, there are a load of books that I could nominate for this challenge. I am going to start with the following but may end up substituting other books later:

Wolf of the Plains by Conn Iggulden (560 pages)

Human Traces by Sebastian Faulks (618 pages)

A Place Beyond Courage by Elizabeth Chadwick (544 pages)

Shadowbrook by Beverly Swerling (512 pages)


I do so love big books!

7 comments:

  1. I love big, fat books, but I just don't have the time to read any right now. Maybe when I'm not working and can spend more time reading than shelving books. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love big books too even though sometimes it takes me a little longer to get to them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't recognize any of your titles! I'm not surprised though because if it looks big, I pass it up.

    Would you ladies mind sending some of that excess big-book love my way? :) I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was younger, the thicker the book the more likely I was to buy it!

    Sending the love your way Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a few this year that would qualify, I hope I can get in on it in the future. The longer the book the better I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I love big books, too bad I missed the Chunky Book Challenge! Will there be any next year? And is it limited by country (I come from Singapore) or age(Primary School, abt 10+)?

    If not... I can read 2 books or so in 3 months so I would love to take part if there was any next year! Hooray!


    Blog Reader,
    Ms Wadeva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ms Wadeva

    There were no limits on country or age this year. I haven't heard if it is going to run next year or not, but I am relatively confident that someone will pick up the organisation of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP