Saturday, January 26, 2008

Australia Day 2008

Some of you may know that I lived in the UK for five years in the 90s. Whenever this ad for Qantas (the Australian National Airline) came on, I used to tear up....every time! I've been home now for a long time, and Qantas have changed their ads, but it still gives me chills. And the images are beautiful, not only of Australia but also other places!




This second video is probably the quintessential Aussie rock song of the 80s. Jimmy Barnes was (still is) a massive star here, both as an individual performer and as part of Cold Chisel - one of the great Aussie pub rock bands.






And this one...just cause I like it. Thanks to it's use in a Coca-Cola ad campaign this is a song that is definitely associated with summer for me! It was a bit strange watching the video though, because I remember the images from the Coke ad (which you can see here) more than I do the video:



Happy Australia Day!

4 comments:

  1. What fun videos! Thanks for sharing them. and... Happy Australia Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it late for me to do this but Happy Austrailia Day! I hope that you had a fun day :)

    By the way, you're tagged. I'm really sorry to do this to you. I had to tagged 4 and you're one of them. Because I do read your blog and find interesting things you have to say about each books daily.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP