Friday, September 14, 2007

Comfort Food

A little late, but her is this week's Booking Through Thursday question:


Okay . . . picture this (really) worst-case scenario: It’s cold and raining, your boyfriend/girlfriend has just dumped you, you’ve just been fired, the pile of unpaid bills is sky-high, your beloved pet has recently died, and you think you’re coming down with a cold. All you want to do (other than hiding under the covers) is to curl up with a good book, something warm and comforting that will make you feel better.

What do you read?

(Any bets on how quickly somebody says the Bible or some other religious text? A good choice, to be sure, but to be honest, I was thinking more along the lines of fiction…. Unless I laid it on a little strong in the string of catastrophes? Maybe I should have just stuck to catching a cold on a rainy day….)



I would without doubt be grabbing a historical romance novel, but I can't really be any more specific from that because I don't actually reread books very often, and so it isn't any one book that I grab but rather a book from a particular genre. Occasionally I might go for a nice cozy mystery as well, but it really just depends! Of course, I would also be comforting myself with some chocolate as well!

4 comments:

  1. I would head directly for my Jayne Ann Krentz / Amanda Quick shelf. Totally a comfort author for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd probably re-read SHADES OF TWILIGHT by Linda Howard. Or one of Brockmann's where the man is nice, noble and stands by his woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate! The ultimate comfort food! Haha Book wise, I am not a rereader either, at least not often. I do have particular types of books I turn to when I want comfort. It can be anything from an intense thriller to a light and funny book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd pick from several options. Most likely, I'd read something by L.M. Montgomery (an Anne book, or "Blue Castle.") Otherwise, it would be a Regency romance novel that just seemed to "click" for me at that depressing moment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP