Saturday, May 19, 2007

Reading series!

I've mentioned before that I am somewhat of a slave to a series and trilogies. If I am going to read a book that is part of a series then I have to start at the beginning. If I knowingly read a book that is say number 3 in a series, it really does my head in! And if I start a series, then the probability is high that I will keep reading the series!

I don't really know why but I was sitting here this morning, and suddenly I wondered how many series am I reading at the moment. And I am shocked...shocked I tell you, but how many series I am currently reading. I have broken them into two groups - the first group are the series that I am currently reading where the next book in the series is currently published. The second group will be series where I am waiting, in most cases impatiently, for the next book to come out!

I am sure that there are some that I have forgotten. I should also note that I haven't included any series where I own the books but haven't started it yet, or those series where I have finished one book and have no intention of reading any further.

So here is the list of series that I am currently reading where the next book, and sometimes more, has already been published:


Bridgertons by Julia Quinn - one more and then the spin off anthologies to read of this one!
Weather Wardens by Rachel Caine - Next book is book 4 which is Windfall
Dark Hunters by Sherrilyn Kenyon - Up to the Stroke of Midnight anthology story
In Death by J D Robb - Next book is Witness in Death
Tir Alainin trilogy by Anne Bishop - Have Shadows and Light here to read sooon
Harper Connelly series by Charlaine Harris - Grave Surprise is on order at the library
Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris - Picked up All Together Dead a few days ago.
Josephine B trilogy by Sandra Gulland - Have the second book here to read
Vicky Bliss series by Elizabeth Peters - This is one series where I read the second book first. Now have the first book here to read.
Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters - Up to The Hippopotamus Tree
Elm Creek Quilts by Jennifer Chiaverini - Only a couple more to go in this series I think.
Rose Hunters trilogy by Connie Brockway - have the second book here to read soon.
Phryne Fisher series by Kerry Greenwood - Up to the fourth book in the series
Dreaming the Eagle series by Manda Scott - need to read the second one of these books
Discworld series by Terry Pratchett
Royal Brotherhood series by Sabrina Jeffries - Just started reading the third book.
Psy series by Nalini Singh - Must get to Visions of Heat soon.
Makepeace Burke novels by Diana Norman - I bought the third book in the series because I couldn't get it from the library...now I just have to read it!
Elizabeth I mysteries by Karen Harper - I am not sure if I am going to be able to find the rest of the books in this series!
Flower Shop Mysteries by Kate Collins - Need to read book 4
Hannah Swensen mysteries by Joanne Fluke - I read up to book 6 or 7.
Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong - Dime Store Magic is up next
Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket - Up to book 7 I think!
Travelling Pants by Anna Brashares - I have the fourth book here to read
Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer - I wish New Moon would hurry up and come in. It's been on order for ages.
His Dark Materials by Phillip Pulman - really need to read the third book in this series!


Series where I am waiting for the next book to be published:

Elizabeth Hoyt's Prince series
Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop
Cate Madigan by Janet Evanovich and Leanne Banks
Pink Carnation series by Lauren Willig
Bubbles Yablonksy by Sarah Strohmeyer
No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
Sunday Philosophy Club by Alexander McCall Smith
Simply series by Mary Balogh
Walsh sisters by Marian Keyes
Temeraire by Naomi Novik
Black Dagger Brotherhood by J R Ward
Gardella Chronicles by Colleen Gleason
Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich
Markus Didius Falco series by Lindsey Davis
Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
The Dawn Stag series by Jules Watson
Into the Wilderness series by Sara Donati
Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
Alex Barnaby series by Janet Evanovich
Ursula Blanchard series by Fiona Buckley
Study series by Maria V Snyder
Faire Isle Trilogy by Susan Carroll
Nursery Crimes by Jasper Fforde
Thursday Next by Jasper Fforde



Just a few then! How about you? How many series are you reading?



Editted to add.....OH my goodness! I can't believe I forgot Jennifer Donnelly! I love her books, and can't wait for The Wild Rose to come out next year! Stand by for more late additions to the list!

And the Garnethill trilogy by Denise Mina - one of these days I will read the third book in the series!

16 comments:

  1. I don't even have a handful, I don't think: BDB, Psy/Changeling, Harry Potter (!!!).

    I sort of follow but don't read religiously: Dark Hunter(etc.), In Death, Temeraire, Elizabeth Hoyt's Prince books, Shana Abe's Thief books. The last two, I'm waiting to read at least 3 books in the series to decide if I'll stalk the bookstore for them or not. *g*

    I'm looking forward to the new EJ and Julia Quinn books/series, and I'm mildly curious about the new Raymond Feist trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I forgot Harry Potter!

    I own a couple of the Thief books but haven't read them yet so didnt add them to the list. I will get the newe EJ and JQ books, as well as Liz Carlyle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just over at Kailana's blog and had commented that I made a list like this the beginning of last year to help me organize for my goal to catch up with the series reads I was in the middle of (never posted on my blog--just for personal use). If I had even read one book in the series, it couldn't in the involved in column. That part of my list was very long, much to my surprise. The list of series that I had yet to read any book from, but had at least one or two books from (sometimes the entire series even), was even longer. I was shocked. I definitely like series books. LOL Maybe I should consider posting my lists one day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very scary concept. I might have to do my own list - then again, maybe not as I think it would scare me. Possibly to the point of needing therapy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I probably have about as many as you. I just have to sit down and count them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a bit scary really!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marg - I think you already know that I'm a huge fan of series books. I posted about it in the past months ago at my blog :)

    Here are my favorite series books(notice some may consider more as connection books then a series):

    1. The Troubleshooter series by Suzanne Brockmann
    2. The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
    3. In Death series by JDRobb
    4. The Thrillseekers Anymous by Julia London
    5. The Master at Arms by Jennifer Blakes
    6. The McCloud Brother by Shannon McKenna
    7. Ice series by Anne Stuart
    8. The Moon series by Rebecca York
    9. The Ghostwalker by Christine Feehan
    10. The Bodyguard by Cindy Gerard
    11. Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn
    12. Navy SEALs series by Lora Leigh
    13. The Bullet Catchers by Roxanne St. Claire
    14. The NY Blades by Deirdre Martin

    and on and on and on...there so many series/connection books I have read and anxious to wait on for the next books :)

    Oh and I been wanting to try Nalini Singh's Psy series but haven't gotten around to. But I heard lot of raves on it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marg, you must email me after you finish the Vicky Bliss books so we can discuss them. They are my absolute all time favorite books.

    I read Trojan Gold first, and loved it--and then went back and read the others.

    I think Night Train to Memphis is by far the best in the series, followed closely by Trojan Gold. Love them.

    And thanks for putting me on your list! WOOOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will do! And I can't wait to get Rises the Night! I ended up winning it on Twisted Kingdom so I KNOW that I am getting it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a question. Today I bought The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly because it looked so appealing, but now you're telling me it's part of a series. Does it stand on it's own? Or do I have to read the other one first?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is the second book in a trilogy, and whilst it probably does stand on it's own, I do think it is a more enjoyable read if you understand where the main character comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grrrrrrr! It means I will have to order it. It's not my fault I bought the second in the series! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, saw New Moon at Chapel St Borders last week. Hardback, $32 (I think). I'm waiting for the library to get their copy in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BTW, I just picked up the shiny new copy of Libba Bray's Rebel Angels from the library today. Can't wait to start it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy Rebel Angels!! I am excited to hear that you saw New Moon! That hopefully means that it won't be long until my library has it too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm just now reading this list - in october - so i'm sure you've read a bunch more in these series by now!

    i've just created a blog to track my series (here). we have a few in common - and you've given me some ideas for new ones too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP