Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dear Reader,

Life is great for me. I have my chicory coffee, my warm beignets, and my best friend on the cell phone. Once the sun goes down, I am the baddest thing prowling the night: I command the elements, and I know no fear. For centuries, I've protected the innocent and watched over the mankind, making sure they are safe in a world where nothing is ever certain. All I want in return is a hot babe in a red dress, who wants nothing more from me then one night.

Instead, I get a runaway Mardi Gras float that tries to turn me into roadkill and a beautiful woman who saves my life but can't remember where she put my pants. Flamboyant and extravagant, Sunshine Runningwolf should be the perfect woman for me. She wants nothing past tonight, no ties, no long-term commitments.

But every time I look at her, I start yearning for dreams that I buried centuries ago. With her unconventional ways and ability to baffle me, Sunshine is the one person I find myself needing. But for me to love her would mean her death. I am cursed never to know peace or happiness-not so long as my enemy waits in the night to destroy us both.

--Talon of the Morrigantes




Mmmmm...Talon. Kenyon does such a great job of creating drool worthy heroes, whether they be blonde or dark. (Big sigh)...just taking a moment there! One thing that is interesting to me is that most of the heroes so far in this series have a past where theyhave been in love or married. Yes, that happiness has probably been taken away in tragic circumstances, but they have known that happiness once.

As for her heroines, well Sunshine Runningwolf is another heroine of hers that I just want to slap. She's not the first, not only in this series, but also in the Brotherhood series written under the name of Kinley MacGregor, but her ditziness was a little too overwhelming for me. I was a little surprised at the little twist at the end in relation to Sunshine's family heritage, but I guess it keeps the rest of the Runningwolfs in the series for a bit longer as well!

I love the way that the Dark Hunter world is building up with each book including the cameo appearances from heroes from the earlier books, and the introduction of more and more prospective heroes! Looking forward to reading more!

Rating 4/5 (Finished on 16 December 2006)

4 comments:

  1. I just started reading this today. I'm usually a bit ho-hum about Kenyon but I'm really enjoying this one. Have you read the ones with Vane/Bride and Valerius/Tabitha? They're my faves in the series...although I can never remember their titles.

    Did you notice the plug for the website? Urgh, I really hate it when she does that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I haven't read too many of the books as I am reading them in order!! I am looking forward to reading more though!

    I am not sure what you are referring to by plugins?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, not plugins. I meant the not inconspicuous mention of the DH website within the story. Her in-book cross-promotion really irritates me!

    Reading the books in order will probably help you keep track of who's who. I keep forgetting! But then, I'm not seriously invested in this series. But I'm considering buying Acheron's book new when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, like when she has her characters reading Kinley MacGregor romances....know exactly what you mean!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP