Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas

Because I tend to like to read book series in order I am working my way up to Worth Any Price by Lisa Kleypas. This book is where we first meet the hero of that book, Nick Gentry.

Why is Lady Sophia looking for a lover?
And could she seduce the most marriageable man in London?

Lady Sophia Sydney would do anything to ensnare the unattainable Sir Ross Cannon. Her goal -- to ruin his reputation and cause a scandal that would be the talk of all London. So she insinuates herself into his life by gaining his trust and living in his house.

She knows he is falling more in love with her each day. But she never counted on falling in love with him. And she never dreamed he might very respectably ask for her hand in marriage...

When Sophia Sydney approaches Sir Ross Cannon for a job he is instantly attracted to her, in a way that surprises him. He knows that she is not quite telling him the truth about why she wants a job, but he dismisses his doubts and hires her anyway. As for Sophia her plan is to gain revenge on her for destroying her brother.

I have to say that the visual picture that I had of Sir Ross Cannon that we met in Someone to Watch Over Me was not of a very fit, dashing man of just under 40 years of age. I can't remember if we ever did get a description of Ross, but my imagination had him as a much older man, maybe a bit portly, balding so it was as much a surprise to me as it was to Sophia! When Sir Ross is shot whilst pursuing a criminal, Sophia becomes his nurse, and their growing attraction to each other is fostered.

As for Sophia, there were various times in the book that I wished that Sophia would just talk to Ross and tell him the truth about things she had found out, particularly in relation to her brother.

Whilst I didn't dislike this book, it wasn't great, maybe because I was seeing it a mere stepping stone to Worth Any Price which comes highly recommended! I do, however, have a problem. When I added all of Kleypas' books to my TBR list I checked which books were available from the library and which ones weren't. WAP was listed as being in the one I use most regularly. When I went to request it today...no trace! Darn, darn! In the end I have ordered it new. Hopefully I should get it soon!

Rating 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP