Sunday, November 13, 2005

Hannah Swensen Mysteries by Joanne Fluke


I just finished reading Sugar Cookie Murder which is the sixth book in the Hannah Swensen mysteries. The books in the series are Chocolate Cookie Murder, Strawberry Shortcake Murder, Blueberry Muffin Murder, Lemon Meringue Pie Murder, Fudge Cupcake Murder and then Sugar Cookie Murder. The latest book in the series is Peach Cobbler Murder which I hope to get to soon.

Sugar Cookie Murder is the first time that I have been disappointed by one of these books. I knew going into it that really it was a holiday novella, padded out with about 50 recipes, but I still expected that the mystery itself would be tight. It wasn't, and a lot of the time it felt to me that the author was just trying to get the names of all the recipes that were included in the back of the book mentioned in the story.

I will go and get Peach Cobbler Murder from the library, and will no doubt enjoy it as I have enjoyed all the others. One thing though...I really hope that the author does something to resolve the boyfriend situation for Hannah. There are solid, dependable Norman the dentist and sexy policeman Mike. It feels to me as though Hannah has been dithering about which of them to choose for over a year now...too long. Choose one and get on with it!! Just my opinion of course!

Rating 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP