Monday, November 14, 2005

Chronicles of Narnia

Not too long ago I read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis, and today I finished reading Prince Caspian. What great stories!

LWW will, I guess, always be the most popular of these books but I really quite enjoyed Prince Caspian as well, and will be reading the next book in the series soon. I have also started rereading LWW with my son, and we will definitely be going to see the movie when it comes out here. Everything I have seen from the movie looks absolutely fantastic.

My one problem with the whole Chronicles of Narnia thing is the reading order question. There are some that believe that the books that should be read in chronological order of the events as they happen in Narnia - with the order therefore being:
  • The Magician's Nephew
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  • The Horse and His Boy
  • Prince Caspian
  • The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  • The Silver Chair
  • The Last Battle

Others believe that the reading order should be the order the books were written in:

  • The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
  • Prince Caspian
  • The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  • The Silver Chair
  • The Horse and His Boy
  • The Magician's Nephew
  • The Last Battle

There are plenty of people in both camps, but the problem for me is...I just want to know which way is RIGHT! Reading a series out of order just about drives me crazy (call me pedantic if you like) but when there is no right order...Argh!!!! At least everyone agrees on what the last book in the series should be!!

As for me, I am going with published order, simply because that's the way it was written.

Rating for The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe 4.5/5

Rating for Prince Caspian 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP